Public Education and Sensitization
The public awareness and education activities are designed to listen to communities across the country and engage with various stakeholders in discussions to understand their peculiar needs so that the Programme would remain relevant and realistic.
These initiatives also inform and educate the public of the benefits of the mediation process in general and the services offered through the Community Mediation Centres and how they can be accessed.
Through this initiative workshops on a variety of topics related to conflict management and aggression are executed.
- Develops partnerships and stakeholder and citizenry involvement
- Increases availability of information on mediation and conflict management
- Encourages behaviour modification towards positive conflict management
- Builds awareness of the services offered by the Division and provides information on how to access these services.
- Builds awareness of the benefits of mediation
- Creates champions for peace building