Community Mediation Centres
Our approved structure comprises one head office and twenty centres of three different types and sizes, main centres, district centres and sub-centres. These centres are arranged in six clusters along the limits of the Regional Corporations. The following geographic areas are to be served by the various centres:
- North, comprising Port-of-Spain, Diego Martin, San Juan/ Laventille
- North East, comprising Tunapuna/Piarco and Arima
- East/South East, comprising Sangre Grande, Mayaro/Rio Claro
- South, comprising San Fernando, Princes Town, Penal/Debe
- South West, comprising Siparia and Point Fortin
- Central, comprising Chaguanas, Couva/Tabaquite/Talparo
Types of centres
The three types of centres consist of:
Main centres – administration of the region and coordination of all mediation activities within that region.
District centres – located in selected communities, providing a complete range of mediation services.
Sub centres – established to support the activities of the region as determined by the population size.
Location of centres
The approved distribution of centres is as follows:
Main Centre One – Port-of-Spain
District Centres Two – Laventille and Morvant
Sub-Centres Three – San Juan, Cocorite and Diego Martin
Main Centre One – Arima
District Centres Two – Maloney and La Horquetta
Sub-Centre One – Tunapuna
- North East
Main Centre One – Sangre Grande
Sub-Centres Two -Toco and Mayaro and Rio Claro
Main Centre One – Cunupia
Sub-Centres Two – Chaguanas and Couva
Main Centre One – San Fernando
Sub-Centre One – Penal or Debe
- South West
Main Centre One – Point Fortin
Sub-Centre One – Cedros or Icacos
Offices and Centres in operation
To date the following community mediation offices have been established:
- Head Office is located at 51-55, Frederick Street, Port of Spain
- North Main Mediation Centre is also located at 51-55, Frederick Street, Port of Spain
- San Juan Sub-Centre is located at the MTS Plaza, Aranguez, San Juan
- Central Main Mediation Centre is located at 282, Old Southern Main Road, Warrenville, Cunupia
- Couva Sub-Centre is located at the Couva Social Services Centre
- South West Main Mediation Centre is located at 63-63A, Main Road, Point Fortin
- East Main Mediation Centre is housed at the Pennywise Building at 10, Devenish Street, Arima.
- The Penal/Debe Sub-Centre is temporarily housed at the South West Main Mediation Centre in Point Fortin.