Call For Submissions – Jingle Competition Rules and Submission Guidelines
Rules and Submission Guidelines
A CALL FOR JINGLE
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO will be hosting the fourteenth edition of CARIFESTA Caribbean Festival of Arts from August 16-25th , 2019. The Government of TRINIDAD & TOBAGO via the Ministry of Community Development Culture and the Arts, is inviting submission of Jingles by Nationals (citizens and residents) who are Songwriters, Vocal Recording Artists, and Composers to participate in a national CARIFESTA XIV Jingle Competition.
For more than four decades, the Caribbean Festival of the Arts (CARIFESTA) has been a catalyst for the strengthening of regional integration among Caribbean countries, artisans and cultural practitioners. Caribbean nations have actively participated in the festival and used it as a catalyst to promote the arts and culture of their country.
CARIFESTA embodies Caribbean integration and strengthens the bonds between the islands, displays the creativity and ingenuity and demonstrates to the world the best that the region has to offer. It is said that CARIFESTA celebrates the Caribbean identity in a way that no other single event can.
CARIFESTA XIV 2019 in Trinidad & Tobago
CARIFESTA XIV will showcase a multi-talented cultural display in the Visual and Literary Arts, Storytelling, Fashion, Body Art, Craft, Theatre, Dance, Music, Film, Arts and Culture and new media from participating countries across the region and diaspora. It will provide an enabling environment for the discussions around sustainable growth and development of the Creative Industries and a major Cultural Tourism thrust.
As Host nation we will create a space for artists gatherings and collaborations, in addition to sharing aspects of the intangible Caribbean Cultural and Heritage. This will ensure that there is a lasting benefit for the practitioners themselves and the advancement of the Arts.
DATE: August 16th -25th, 2019
THEME: The Tangible and Intangible: “Connect, Share, Invest”
VISION: To position CARIFESTA as a world renowned mega festival of
Caribbean Cultural and Artistic Excellence that brings Economic benefits, unites the region and excites all peoples
MISSION: To stage a Mega Multi-disciplinary Festival in Trinidad and Tobago
which promotes brand T&T and aids in the development of Caribbean Art, Culture and the Cultural Industries
The Festival is therefore a launching pad for the Caribbean to take center-stage; bringing rich, vibrant, thought-provoking and exhilarating expressions of talent and skill to the world
- Jingles should contain voice, lyrics and musical accompaniment
- Should speak to the ideals and intent of CARIFESTA. In particular the unity and the common Heritage, Arts and Culture of the Caribbean people and islands.
- Jingle should include the words “CARIFESTA 14 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO”
- The Jingles musical accompaniment should incorporate various generes of music
- Jingles submitted should be 30 (thirty) and 45 (forty-five) seconds in length.
- The jingle should be submitted via email as an audio track in Mp3 format to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15th 2018
- ONLY Two (2) entries per person
- Entries should not contain any content that is obscene or offensive or communicates messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will of Caribbean states.
- Entries must be original work and must not have been previously published; lyrics or melody. Note no sampling of melodies.
- Voice and Lyrics (20)
- Musical Accompaniment (30 marks)
- Reflects the essence of CARIFESTA (30)
- Jingle is “Catchy” and Memorable (20)
- A panel of judges will review all entries and select a winner. The Ministry of Community Development Culture and Arts and the CARIFESTA XIV Secretariat reserves the right not to award a prize if, in its opinion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
- Entrants may be required to perform the song if needed.
- The Judges’ decision is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
- The Government of TRINIDAD & TOBAGO maintains the exclusive right to utilize the winning jingle for the promotion of the Caribbean Festival of Arts.
- Participants agree to the use of their name, voice, performance, photograph /video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media.
- The winning jingle will be credited to the successful author, however, the jingle will become the exclusive property of the Government of TRINIDAD & TOBAGO.
- The Government of TRINIDAD & TOBAGO is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections’ availability or accessibility. Participants are advised to submit their entries in a timely manner in order to avoid any such mishaps.
- The jingle selected will be used in the Marketing & Communications Campaign for the Festival.
- NOTE: The winning jingle will be awarded a cash prize of TT$15,000.00.
- Any queries may be directed to: The CARIFESTA XIV Secretariat at email@example.com
The deadline for submission of completed entry forms and accompanying jingles is 4:00 p.m. on June 15th, 2018. Entries can be submitted online at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the office: The Ministry of Community Development, Culture and the Arts, Level 18, Nicholas Towers 63-64 Independence Square. Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.